kristina springer books kristina springer blogspot kristina springer bio kristina springer reviews kristina springer contact kristina springer appearances

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Girlfriend's Cyber Circuit: STARRING JESSICA BRODY!

Jessica Brody is visiting me this week with her newest release, MY LIFE UNDECIDED. It sounds super cute. Take a look:

About the Book:

PLEASE READ THIS! MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!

Okay, maybe that was a bit melodramatic, but I’m sorry, I’m feeling a bit melodramatic at the moment.

Here’s the deal. My name is Brooklyn Pierce, I’m fifteen years old, and I am decisionally challenged. Seriously, I can’t remember the last good decision I made. I can remember plenty of crappy ones though. Including that party I threw when my parents were out of town that accidentally burned down a model home. Yeah, not my finest moment, for sure.

But see, that’s why I started a blog. To enlist readers to make my decisions for me. That’s right. I’m gave up. Threw in the towel. I let someone else be the one to decide which book I read for English. Or whether or not I accepted an invitation to join the debate team from that cute-in-a-dorky-sort-of-way guy who gave me the Heimlich Maneuver in the cafeteria. (Note to self: Chew the melon before swallowing it.) I even let them decide who I dated!

Well, it turns out there are some things in life you simply can’t choose or have chosen for you—like who you fall in love with. And now everything’s more screwed up than ever.

But don’t take my word for it, read the book and decide for yourself. You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, you’ll scream in frustration. Or maybe that’s just me. After all, it’s my life.














Our Interview:

KRISTINA: In my book, THE ESPRESSOLOGIST, Jane, a coffee barista, matchmakes people based on their favorite coffee drinks. What’s your favorite coffee drink? (If you don’t like coffee, tell me what your favorite drink in general is. But I am sorry, you’ll never find love. Kidding!)

JESSICA: Short Raspberry Soy Latte. I can’t get enough of them!

KRISTINA: If your book was made into a movie, who would star as your main character?

JESSICA: When I was writing the book, I always pictured Shailene Woodley from The Secret Life of the American Teenager. I think she’d be really good in the role.

KRISTINA: How do you come up with the names of your characters?

JESSICA: I have a running list of cool names that I come across. Whenever I meet someone who has an especially cool name I ask them if I can use it in a book someday. If they say yes, it goes on the list. Then whenever I start a new book, I scroll down my list and see which name seems to fit my character.

KRISTINA: Have you ever based one of your characters on someone you know? If so, did that person find out? How did they react?

JESSICA: Actually, MY LIFE UNDECIDED has a few real people in it. I set it in my home town of Parker, Colorado, at a fictitious representation of my own high school. Mr. Simpson, the Algebra teacher in the book is based entirely on Mr. Simpson, my own high school algebra teacher! I’ve recently reconnected with him on Facebook and I let him know that he has a special cameo. He’s totally psyched and promises to buy a thousand copies. I’m going to hold him to that! :)

KRISTINA: What is the title of the first book you ever wrote?

JESSICA: The Kitty and the Puppy. I wrote it when I was seven. It even had illustrations. And if you saw it, you’d understand why I don’t illustrate my books anymore.

KRISTINA: Are you on twitter? Where can we follow you?

JESSICA: Yes! Please follow me! @jessicabrody

KRISTINA: What are you working on now?

JESSICA: Ooh, I have TONS of fun stuff in the works! Some I can talk about and some I can’t…YET! My next book is called 52 REASONS TO HATE MY FATHER. It will be released in Summer 2012. I just finished all the edits. I’m so excited about this one! It’s about a spoiled teen heiress, famous for her partygirl antics and tabloid headlines, who’s forced by her ever-absent mogul father to take on a different low-wage job every week for a year, if she wants any hope of receiving her trust fund. I had SO much fun writing that one. And it was recently optioned for film! So fingers crossed it actually gets made! How cool would that be?

And right now I’m working on the first book in a new sci-fi trilogy I just sold called UNREMEMBERED. It’s about a sixteen year old girl who wakes up amongst the wreckage of a devastating plane crash with no memories. She's forced to piece together her forgotten past with only one clue to her identity-- a mysterious boy who claims she's not from this time.

******

Thanks for visiting me Jessica! And everyone else, check out Jessica’s new trailer!






No comments: