The paperback of Saundra Mitchell's SHADOWED SUMMER comes out in just three days! And because Saundra is so so cool, she agreed to write a guest post for my blog. I asked her to write something about a fake boyfriend and she came up with this brilliant list:
Ten Totally True Reasons Why I Wish Some of My Boyfriends Had Been Fake
10. Stopped in the middle of making out because he wanted to get home in time to watch .
9. Took (Buddhist) me to a Charismatic Catholics Convention as a date- and spoke in tongues.
8. Stood me up to sit in the galley at the Mike Tyson trial.
7. Snuck up to the green room above the theatre with me and my friends- then claimed he kissed my friend in the dark because he thought she was me.
6. Decided that Jewel's FOOLISH GAMES was our song - before we broke up. ("Well in case you failed to notice, in case you failed to see, this is my heart bleeding before you...")
5. Thought that hopping the back fence into the drive-in after the movies started was romantic.
4. Decided to skip the prom with me- then accepted another girl's offer to go.
3. Told me that the tear-stained love letter, complete with lock of hair, from another girl was "just friendly."
2. Called me by his mother's name. More than once.
And the number one totally true reason why I wish some of my boyfriends had been fake:
1. Informed me that he was really an alien from the planet Mylar, and we were destined to be together. (Seriously. I'm not making that up. Not even a little.)
I LOVE this list Saundra!! Though I wish some of your boyfriends were fake now too after reading it!
To get a copy of Saundra's boon newly released in paperback, try these various outlets: Indiebound, Book Depository, Powell's, or Amazon.
by Saundra Mitchell
In paperback June 8, 2010