kristina springer books kristina springer blogspot kristina springer bio kristina springer reviews kristina springer contact kristina springer appearances

Sunday, November 8, 2009

The Espressologist Launch Party

My launch party was yesterday afternoon at Fat Bean Coffee Bar in Naperville, IL. Fat Bean was such an awesome place to have a party! The place was huge and comfy. And of course it had lots of coffee. I estimated we had about 75 people in all come to the party-- it was a nice steady flow the whole time.



Here's the yummy spread I put out:



And the super wonderful Bolingbrook Borders' manager herself came and sold books. Isn't the display pretty?



The Holidaze with the Debs tour will have a signing at her Borders on December 5th and I can't wait-- it's going to be so much fun! It will be me, Cynthea Liu, Saundra Mitchell, Aprilynne Pike, Darcy Vance, and Lara Zielin. More info to come on that soon.

I had so much fun signing books:



Here's me and my big brother (he insists that he's my muse. :-) ):



It was great to see so much family and friends (writer friends, neighbors, local friends, high school and college friends, book club friends and more). Here's a great shot of a bunch of the fabulous women from my book club:



And here's me and one of my fave authors and super cool friends, Kristin Walker:



The atmosphere was really great-- lots of chatting, lots of laughing, lots of treats, and lots of coffee of course. And the kids were so, so good too!



The one on the right is one of mine.

You're probably wondering, being The Espressologist Launch party and being in a room with so much coffee, was there any matches? And I'm happy to say that there was!

My littlest, Gavin, met this cutie pie Lily there.



Neither likes wearing shoes, both are fans of the Gerber baby cheetos (Lily shared hers with Gav) and both like a warm milk, hold the coffee. Total match. :-)

As people left I gave out the favors I made:




They are little espresso cups full of chocolate covered espresso beans. Yum.

It was such a super fabulous party and I'll remember it for a long, long time. <3 <3 <3

No comments: