kristina springer books kristina springer blogspot kristina springer bio kristina springer reviews kristina springer contact kristina springer appearances

Friday, October 16, 2009

Interview with Pam Bachorz, author of CANDOR

Pam Bachorz, author of CANDOR is here to chat today. This book is at the very top of my wish list (aka shopping list next time I go to the bookstore) because it sounds so darn cool.



About the Book:

In the model community of Candor, Florida, every teen wants to be like Oscar Banks. The son of the town's founder, Oscar earns straight As, is student-body president, and is in demand for every club and cause.

But Oscar has a secret. He knows that parents bring their teens to Candor to make them respectful, compliant–perfect–through subliminal Messages that carefully correct and control their behavior. And Oscar' s built a business sabotaging his father's scheme with Messages of his own, getting his clients out before they're turned. After all, who would ever suspect the perfect Oscar Banks?

Then he meets Nia, the girl he can't stand to see changed. Saving Nia means losing her forever. Keeping her in Candor, Oscar risks exposure . . . and more.

Our Interview:


KRISTINA: What's your very favorite thing about your book (Certain chap? Scene? Cover?)

PAM: I love my main character--he's an antihero, really, with a smart mouth, dark outlook and some really questionable morals. But I love him like my own child. I know he's actually very lonely and vulnerable. I just want Oscar to be happy! *big mama sniff*

KRISTINA: Where do you do most of your writing? And if you have a picture could you share?

PAM: I do most of my writing in my study, at a little old oak desk we bought at an antiques show in Mount Dora. It's tucked in the upstairs part of our house, carved out of attic space and with floor-to-ceiling bookshelves. I have a wire that runs from one end to the other that I hang index cards on whilst plotting. Pic here: http://pics.livejournal.com/pambachorz/pic/0000fdp3/

KRISTINA: What's the naughtiest thing you did in high school that you DIDN'T get caught doing (Fess up now!)

PAM: My secrets stay buried deep, deep within me. I mean come on, man, my Mom follows my online life too closely! Although, really, I was a good girl in high school. Not much exciting stuff to report. I think my imagination is too outlandish for me to do much bad stuff; I am all too aware of what the consequences, however unlikely, could be!

KRISTINA: What did you do on the release day of CANDOR?

PAM: I would have loved to be in Florida, since that's where the book is set and it's where I wrote nearly the whole book. But I can say that I did NOT cook dinner, or wash dishes, or any other such daily-life stuff! I reveled!

KRISTINA: What's your favorite coffee drink? (If you don't like coffee, WHY NOT?! Really, what do you like to drink then while you're writing?)

PAM: Decaf iced cafe americano. Because Starbucks does not make decaf iced coffee and we don't have a lot of Dunkin Donuts near our house!

KRISTINA: Thanks so much for stopping by Pam! Good luck with Candor!

No comments: