kristina springer books kristina springer blogspot kristina springer bio kristina springer reviews kristina springer contact kristina springer appearances

Monday, October 5, 2009

Interview with Lauren Bjorkman, author of MY INVENTED LIFE

I have always wanted a sister. Seriously, I still give my mom crap for not having given me a sister. Sisters look like they have SO much fun. They are the built in best friend right? So I'm curious to check out Lauren Bjorkman's debut book about sisters, My Invented Life.



About My Invented Life

Roz and Eva are sisters, close friends, and fierce rivals. Roz fantasizes about snagging the lead in the school play and sexy skate god Bryan as her boyfriend. Sadly a few obstacles stand between her and her dreams. For one, Eva is the more talented actress. And Bryan happens to be Eva’s boyfriend. But is Eva having a secret love affair with a girl? Enquiring minds need to know.

Roz prides herself on random acts of insanity. In one such act, she invents a girlfriend of her own to encourage Eva to open up. The plan backfires, and Roz finds herself neck deep in her invented life. When Roz meets a mercurial boy with a big problem, she begins to understand the complex feelings beneath the labels. And she gets a second chance to earn Eva’s trust.

My Invented Life is set in a small California high school during rehearsals for a Shakespeare comedy.


Our Interview

KRISTINA: What's your very favorite thing about your book (Certain chap? Scene? Cover?)

LAUREN: My characters. I wish I could hang out with them more!

KRISTINA: Where do you do most of your writing?

LAUREN: In bed. My house is cold a lot of the time. I upgraded to fuzzy sheets recently.

KRISTINA: What's the naughtiest thing you did in high school that you DIDN'T get caught doing (Fess up now!)

LAUREN: I was too good in high school. Ah, the regret. One night I snuck out with three friends and we picked up some visiting track stars from USC who'd come to compete at Stanford. We pretended to college students. Hah! I bet they weren't fooled for a second.

KRISTINA: What did you do on the release day of My Invented Life?

LAUREN: A full on bash!

KRISTINA: What's your favorite coffee drink? (If you don't like coffee, WHY NOT?! Really, what do you like to drink then while you're writing?)

LAUREN: If coffee didn't exist, I couldn't write, and ergo sum, there'd be no book to celebrate. I adore cappuccinos, lightly sweetened, for their lovely foaminess. I have many foam spoons. And my nine year old son can say demitasse in a French accent. I only let him drink decaf for now.

KRISTINA: Another coffee lover! OMG, I think we'd be BFFs if we met! Thanks so much for stopping by Lauren, good luck with your book!

No comments: