kristina springer books kristina springer blogspot kristina springer bio kristina springer reviews kristina springer contact kristina springer appearances

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Interview with Megan Crewe, author of GIVE UP THE GHOST

The perfect book to read this Halloween:

Megan Crewe is here to talk about her new book, GIVE UP THE GHOST.



About Give Up the Ghost

Cass McKenna much prefers the company of ghosts over "breathers." Ghosts are uncomplicated and dependable, and they know the dirt on everybody... and Cass loves dirt. She's on a mission to expose the dirty secrets of the poseurs in her school.

But when the vice president of the student council discovers her secret, Cass's whole scheme hangs in the balance. Tim wants her to help him contact his recently deceased mother, and Cass reluctantly agrees.

As Cass becomes increasingly entwined in Tim's life, she's surprised to realize he's not so bad--and he needs help more desperately than anyone else suspects. Maybe it's time to give the living another chance...


Our Interview:

KRISTINA: What's your very favorite thing about your book (Certain chap? Scene? Cover?)?

MEGAN: I have favorite scenes, but most of them are spoilery! I'm very fond of the moment when Cass feels haunted by the sounds of the waves on the lake, even though there aren't any actual ghosts around.

KRISTINA: Where do you do most of your writing? And if you have a picture could you share?


MEGAN: The back third of my bedroom is my writing space--I've got my writing chair, my computer desk, and bookshelves with all my research and YA books. You can see it here.

KRISTINA: What's the naughtiest thing you did in high school that you DIDN'T get caught doing (Fess up now!)


MEGAN: I was pretty stick-to-the-rules in my teens, especially at school. There was a while, though, where my parents felt I was getting too serious with my boyfriend, so they limited my phone time with him to one hour a day. I used to call him on the school payphone during lunch hour to get extra time talking with him that they didn't know about.

KRISTINA: What did you do on the release day of Give up the Ghost?

MEGAN: I stopped by stores I knew had copies in stock and signed books, and went out to dinner with my husband to celebrate.

KRISTINA: What's your favorite coffee drink? (If you don't like coffee, WHY NOT?! Really, what do you like to drink then while you're writing?)

MEGAN: I love Tim Hortons' iced cappuccinos--so good! I'm also fond of their French Vanilla coffee.

KRISTINA: Oooh, haven't heard of Tim Horton's. Must try! Thanks Megan and good luck with your book!

No comments: