kristina springer books kristina springer blogspot kristina springer bio kristina springer reviews kristina springer contact kristina springer appearances

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

GCC Spotlight on: Myra McEntire's TIMEPIECE

Myra McEntire stopped by to talk about her newest YA book, Timepiece.

ABOUT TIMEPIECE:

Kaleb Ballard was never supposed to be able to see ripples—cracks in time. Are Kaleb’s powers expanding, or is something very wrong? Before Kaleb can find out, Jonathan Landers, the man who tried to murder his father, reappears. Why is he back, and what, or whom, does he want?


In the wake of Landers’s return, the Hourglass organization is offered an ultimatum by a mysterious man. Either they find Landers and the research he has stolen on people who might carry the time gene, or time will be altered—with devastating results for the people Kaleb loves most.


Now Kaleb, Emerson, Michael, and the other Hourglass recruits have no choice but to use their extraordinary powers to find Landers. But where do they even start? And when? Even if they succeed, just finding him may not be enough. . . .


The follow-up to Hourglass, Timepiece blends the paranormal, science-fiction, mystery, and suspense genres into a nonstop thrill ride where every second counts.


OUR INTERVIEW:


KRISTINA:   How did you get the idea for Timepiece?

MYRA: The first title came naturally, as the Hourglass is the name of an organization in the book, and both are about time travel. Timepiece was harder, but once I reread when I was finished, it jumped out as the perfect one.

KRISTINA:  If your book was made into a movie, who would star as your main character?


MYRA:  Kaleb is hard to cast, but Chris Zylka, most recently of Secret Circle fame, seems like a good choice.

KRISTINA: How do you come up with the names of your characters?

MYRA:  I have a HUGE baby names book. Also, depending on the character’s age, I search for the most popular names for their birth year.

KRISTINA: Have you ever based one of your characters on someone you know? If so, did that person find out? How did they react?


MYRA: I did! Dru is based on a couple of girlfriends, and I’m pretty sure they both liked it!

KRISTINA: Would you ever try writing in another genre?


MYRA: I'd love to try pure romance one day. That genre has such dedicated fans!

KRISTINA: Are you on twitter? Where can we follow you?

MYRA: I am, and my handle is @MyraMcEntire

KRISTINA: What are you working on now?


MYRA: The third book in the Hourglass series, titled Infinityglass!

ABOUT MYRA McENTIRE:

Myra McEntire knows the words to every R&B hit of the last decade, but since she lives in Nashville, the country music capital of America, her lyrical talents go sadly unappreciated. She's chosen, instead, to channel her "mad word skills" into creating stories. She's an avid Doctor Who fan and will argue passionately about which incarnation is the best.


You can find her at:


http://MyraMcEntire.com
https://twitter.com/#!/MyraMcEntire



1 comment:

Stephsco said...

I've seen this book blogged about a lot -- great to hear from the author!

I agree on the romance genre; I unfairly judged romance as all old-timey "bodice rippers" until I attended a writing conference hosted by Romance Writers of America. Now I'm an RWA member! Half the books I read have romance in them, and ... I LIKE IT. I jsut needed to find books I connected with. I'm no longer ashamed!